Thursday, August 22, 2013


new family after birth sized

I came across this new site by Peggy O'Mara today and I thought it was a fitting first blog post. I am still very new to the world of maternity care, child-birthing, midwifery, and doulaing but one thing out of all my reading and research is that I feel that american culture is terrified of birth. As Ina May Gaskin says in her TEDx talk through this link it is the fear of birth that brings the pain. I have no personal experience or physical with birth yet so I cannot yet speak to any of this. However I feel intuitively that better steps can be taken for all the expectant mothers whether its in their homes, birth centers or hospitals to make birth a less frightening event. 

I hope that you take the time to listen to Ina May. She is a pioneer and continues to be one with all the work she has done in the world of Midwifery. 

~With Love ~ Continue to Raise Your Love ~  
Shannon

No comments:

Post a Comment