Friday, September 6, 2013

On My Way...!


I am on my way towards becoming a certified Doula! I signed up today for a Doula course in Burlington, VT at the end of this month. The course is through Birthing Gently and my instructor will be Tara Poulin. Tara Poulin is a DONA International certified Birth Doula, and has trained with DONA co-founder, Penny Simkin, to become a Doula International Birth Doula trainer. This is that start to becoming a Certified Doula through DONA.


"DONA is the oldest, largest and most respected doula association in the world. Our founders are among the foremost experts on doula care, and DONA International certification is a widely respected measure of quality and professionalism. We are an international, non-profit organization of doulas that strives to have every doula trained and educated to provide the highest quality and standards for birth and/or postpartum support to birthing women and their families" (From DONA website)


I have wanted to take this course for a long time and its just the start of the certification process. After I take the course I will need to finish all the required reading, some I have already done, write at least one essay and Doula for three births where the practitioners will sign off on my skills and experience.  Then I will submit all of this information to DONA to become a Certified Doula. I will become Shannon Bradley B.A. CD(DONA)

No comments:

Post a Comment